You can watch «living 3D markers» for Autodesk Forum: Designing:
Autodesk Forum: Design
We developed this project specifically for Autodesk Forum (22-23 September 2010).
You’ll see four 3D models developed in Autodesk software applications and converted to EV Environment for viewing in the «living 3D markers» augmented reality system:
- AutoCAD Mechanical
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk Revit Architecture
The aim of the project is to illustrate how 3D models, created with Autodesk software packages, integrate into EligoVision interactive 3D visualization environment — EV Environment. The environment itself has been developed for real-time interaction with 3D models during presentations and demo shows.
For this event we chose and converted four separate models on «living 3D markers»:
- Nam Kong-1 Hydropower Project, Laos (author of the 3D model — Dmitry Kholodkov, Mosgidrostal);
- Animated six-legged robot (authors of the 3D model — Robots Laboratory Ltd.);
- Transfer pump station (authors — NEOLANT Project);
- Ethnographic centre of indigenous people of Kamchatka (author of the 3D model — Leonid Skryabin, Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering).
EView: watch in your browser!
The new EView plug-in allows launching applications on «living 3D markers» in your browser.
To start watching you need to bring the «living 3D marker» (pdf file) for this application to your webcam. If the plug-in is not installed, please download and install it on this page. After that the plug-in will be launched automatically.
Instructions for downloading on your PC
1. Download and unpack the archive:
- Part 1: Six-legged robot; Transfer pump station; Ethnographic centre of indigenous people of Kamchatka. Download (29.7MB).
- Part 2: Nam Kong-1 Hydropower Project, Laos. Download (27.1MB).
2. Take the flyers that you received at Autodesk forum or download the «living 3D markers» right here (pdf file).
3. Ensure the webcam is connected to your PC.
4. Bring the flyers or printed markers to the camera so that they are fully captured. You’ll see 3D models developed in Autodesk software packages.
If you experience problems installing or viewing our «living 3D marker» on your PC please send us an e-mail with a brief description of the problem at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you for sure!
Back to the list of demo