Case studies — Augmented reality (AR)
In anticipation of the New Year EligoVision prepared a special gift for our customers, partners and friends – the augmented reality greeting card!
We placed a new interactive 3D game called «HELLO, 2011!» on the New Year’s greeting card which we emailed to everyone we know personally and by correspondence.
If you didn’t receive our card, don’t worry :) You can download it for free from our website, just go to www.eligovision.com/free/demo/11/ and follow the instructions!
This New Year project demonstrates the possibilities of using our «living 3D markers» technology of augmented reality in printing industry, greeting cards and advertising.
The heart of the game is the idea of a labyrinth made in the form of a New Year's tree with falling balls. Due to the law of gravity these balls fall down meeting obstacles in the form of light bulbs.
The player’s task is to complete all 6 levels of the labyrinth and bring the New Year closer on the dial in the upper right corner of the screen.
Players control the balls’ fall in the labyrinth and push them in the right direction by tilting the ‘living 3D marker’ in front of the webcam.
This game has it all: New-Year greetings, Christmas music, ring of bells, colorful twinkling garlands… and increasing difficulty for each successive level of the game!
It will really make you smile and create a true New Year mood! You can play it yourself or give this greeting card to your colleges, relatives and friends!
Happy New Year with EligoVision! :)
- Your goal is to bring the New Year closer on the dial in the upper right corner of the monitor.
- Tilt the marker making a colored New Year's ball fall into the slot of the same color passing through obstacles.
- With every successful hit you receive points.
- BUT! With every failed hit you will loose points.
- In the upper right corner you can see a dial — it displays your score.
- After receiving three points you will go to the next level.
- The second level has new obstacles — springs.
- With each new level springs throw balls higher and stronger.
- Starting from the fifth level when hitting a spring the ball changes its color.
- With each new level you will receive a special New Year greeting from EligoVision.
- But the most beautiful greeting awaits you when both hands of the clock point to XII and the New 2011 Year comes!
You can play our unique New Year 3D game on your own PC right now (please ensure a camera is connected to your computer).
Go to www.eligovision.com/free/demo/11/ and follow some simple instructions to start the program.